Workers Compensation Claims
Am I entitled to make a claim?
If you have been involved in an injury at work you are able to lodge a claim for worker’s compensation with WorkCover Queensland. This sort of claim involves WorkCover Queensland paying the injured worker a percentage of their wage whilst the worker is unable to work due to the effect of the injuries. Our injury lawyers in Townsville can help you with this.
Work injuries include:
- Injuries that occur whilst at work
- Injuries that occur whilst travelling to/from/for work
- Diseases caused by work
If the injury has been sustained due to fault on the part of the employer, for example because the employer did not provide a safe system of work or adequate plant and equipment, the worker may be able to make an additional claim for damages against the employer.
What can I claim for?
The claim for damages is made against the employer’s insurer, which is usually WorkCover Queensland.
Your claim will include compensation for the following losses you may incur because of your injuries:-
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Rehabilitation expenses (past and future)
- Pharmaceutical expenses (past and future)
- Loss of income (past and future)
- Care and Assistance (past and future)
- Pain and Suffering including loss of enjoyment of life, such as recreational and household activities
The insurer may also pay for the costs of your rehabilitation during the course of your claim.
How soon do I need to act?
The Worker’s Compensation Scheme requires number of steps to be taken before making a claim for damages. Further, stringent time limits apply when seeking damages. Please contact our office as soon as possible through email@example.com or call us on 07 4771 7500 to discuss.
How much will it cost?
Rapid Legal Solutions conduct worker’s compensation claims on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.